FORDHAM UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW is hiring a new Professional Skills and Externship Program Administrator in the Department of Experiential Education, Law School, Lincoln Center.
- Under the supervision of the Director of Professional Skills, administer the Law School’s J.D. Externship Program and assist in administering other experiential courses and programs, including the Pro Bono Scholars and Fundamental Lawyering Skills Programs.
- Provide counseling and support to students in connection with their efforts to identify and secure externship field placements.
- Manage student applications for and enrollment in externship courses, in coordination with the Registrar’s Office.
- Assist the Director of Professional Skills in ongoing strategic planning efforts, including assessment of the J.D. Externship Program and other experiential courses and programs.
- Guide promotional efforts for the J.D. Externship Program and assist with promotional efforts for other experiential offerings.
- Provide continuing assistance and support to field placement supervisors.
- Assist in developing training programs and materials and conducting workshops for field placement supervisors.
- Assist in evaluating field placement organizations and supervisors, through regular communication and site visits.
- Assist in identifying potential externship opportunities in the New York metropolitan area.
- Provide continuing assistance and support to faculty members who teach externship courses, including creating and maintaining online externship courses.
- Assist in regularly evaluating externship seminars and faculty.
- Assist in recruiting excellent externship seminar faculty.
- Maintain the J.D. Externship Program’s web pages and other platforms for students and field placement providers, with up to date information.
- Coordinate with other departments within the Law School, such as the Public Interest Resource Center and the Career Planning Center, on issues of joint concern.
- Collect and analyze data regarding applications, enrollment, and the profiles of applicants for the J. D. Externship Program and other experiential programs.
- Prepare and reconcile budgets and actual expenses of the J. D. Externship Program and other experiential programs.
- Prepare periodic reports summarizing activities of the J.D. Externship Program; manage other aspects of compliance.
- Perform special projects for the Associate Dean for Experiential Education and Clinic Director, as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years of experience in a legal setting. Prior experience in a legal field placement program desirable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
- Familiarity with video and technology equipment.
- Familiarity with the various legal institutions in New York City and surrounding metropolitan area including courts, government agencies, and legal services providers.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel, and familiarity with other computer programs, platforms and software.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
STARTING DATE: ASAP
Cover Letter and CV to: Grace Lozito, Administrative Director of Clinical & Experiential Programs, Fordham University School of Law, firstname.lastname@example.org
No Telephone Calls
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds. Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.